Corrine Png Biography
Corrine Png is Founder and CEO of Crucial Perspective. She was previously Executive Director and the Head of Asia Pacific Transportation Research at J.P Morgan from 2008 to 2016.
During her fifteen plus years career as an Asian transport equity analyst at J.P Morgan, Citigroup and HSBC; she has been highly ranked by the global asset management community and consistently received votes in panel reviews from major institutional investors globally including but not limited to: AllianceBernstein, Allianz, Artisan, ATR Kim Eng, BlackRock, BOCI-Prudential, Boston Co, Comgest, Daiwa, Eastspring, Cathay Life, Fidelity, GIC, HSBC, Invesco, Korea National Pension Service, JFAM, Lazard, Lion Global, MFS, Mirae, Mondrian, Moon Capital, Moore, Pinebridge, Point72, Principal, Public Mutual, Putnam, Schroders, Sumitomo, TRS, TIAA, UBS, UOB, Value Partners, Wellington.
Her transport equity research has included thirteen markets in the Asia Pacific (Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam). Corrine also has extensive investment banking experience having been closely involved in the IPOs of Cebu Pacific, IndiGo, VietJet, ZTO Express.
She has been recognised as being among the industry’s top equity analysts through multiple prestigious awards by Asiamoney Brokers Poll, Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts, Institutional Investor and Thomson Reuters Analyst Awards.
Corrine’s Asian transport equity research has been cited by numerous highly regarded international media outlets and publications including but not limited to:
- AFP (L’Agence France-Presse)
- Business Standard
- Centre For Aviation
- Channel News Asia
- Financial Times
- Fortune Magazine
- Le Monde
- New York Times
- Nikkei Asian Review
- Seatrade Maritime News
- South China Morning Post
- Sydney Morning Herald
- The Business Times
- The Edge Singapore
- The Straits Times
- USA Today
- Wall Street Journal
In recent years, Corrine has shared her passion for transport equities research through speaking at international conferences and seminars:
- Nov 2017 CAPA Asia Aviation Summit: The full service Airlines' perspectives
- April 2017 Thomson Reuters Global Markets Forum: Asia Airlines Earnings Performance and Industry Trends
- April 2017 MARINE MONEY, 10th Annual Hong Kong Ship Finance Forum 2017, Panel discussion topic: Real News, Fake News and Shipping News
- Sept 2015 MARINE MONEY, Ship Finance Forum 2015, Singapore Panel discussion topic: The Year Ahead for Shipping
- March 2015 CENTRE FOR AVIATION, Airline Fleet and Finance Summit, Singapore Panel discussion topic: To Hedge or Not to Hedge?
- Sept 2013 ASCEND, Aviation 2020 Finance Forum, Tokyo Presentation topic: Asian Aviation at the Crossroads
- July 2013 SINGAPORE STOCK EXCHANGE, Sector Savvy, Singapore Presentation topic: Transportation Sector Series (Episodes 1 to 4)
- July 2013 KOREAN REGISTER OF SHIPPING, KR Technical Seminar, Singapore Presentation topic: Shipping Sector – 2H13 Outlook and Beyond
- April 2013 HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL, Asia Business Conference, Boston Panel discussion topic: Transportation in East Asia – Managing Complexity